About your personal information
The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If you are asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, such information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The TPS Director may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 July 2012.
The information we collect
The TPS Director collects the information relating to
- education providers who deliver services to international students; and
- international students - including their contact details and education records.
Use of your information
The TPS Director collects the information relating to you to be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To provide information on other products which the TPS Director considers could be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing international student, the TPS Director may contact you with information about educational services or alternative services in certain circumstances.
Further, the TPS Director may use your contact details to provide you with information about any relevant courses which the TPS Director considers may be of interest to you. The TPS Director may contact you about these services by any of the methods to which you consented at the time your information was collected.
Please be advised that the TPS Director will not disclose your information for commercial purposes, but the TPS Director may, on occasion, provide this information with aggregate statistical information for the purpose of conducting relevant surveys.
Storing your personal data
The information you provide to the TPS Director will be stored on our secure servers. Where the TPS Director has given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing your information
Where applicable, the TPS Director may disclose your personal information to:
- TPS Administrator;
- education providers delivering courses to international students;
- government departments, including Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education, Department of Immigration and Border Protectionp, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Overseas Student Ombudsmen, Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency and Australian Skills Quality Agency.
The TPS Director may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented to the disclosure;
- where the TPS Director conducts business surveys;
- where the disclosure is required, as a result of default, or otherwise authorised by or under law; and
- to assist fraud protection and minimise risk in the international student sector .
Access to your information
If you wish to access your information, which is held by the TPS Director, please contact us using the contact details below.
On occasion, the TPS Director may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
All computers have the ability to automatically accept or decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which determines how to deal with cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Third party links
You might find links to registered providers' websites on our webpage. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should carefully examine. The TPS Director does not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies or representations made available on those websites.
You acknowledge that by using this site, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as outlined in the above documentation.